Week – 5 Estimating Duration Work Problem >>> Construction Project Management
1. Assume that you are a construction manager of a general contractor company. Your company is awarded to construct a residential tower in upper Manhattan in New York City. The building is affected by space congestion on 2 sides of the building and other 2 sides are congestion-free. The formwork for the building started on April 1, 2019. You are assigned to calculate the duration of formwork activity using the following data :
- The construction team has a 4 formwork crews with 3 members each for the whole building.
- RS Means Productivity for congestion-free sides = 470 square feet per day per crew member.
- RS Means Productivity for congested sides = 390 square feet per day per crew member.
- Formwork required on each side of the building = 56000 square feet.
1. What is the total formwork required for the building? ( in square feet).
2. What is the duration of formwork activity for one congestion-free side of the building? ( in days).
3. What is the duration of formwork activity for one congested side of the building? ( in days).
4. When will the formwork activity for the residential building finish? Do not consider any national holidays.
5. Suppose after 20 days of formwork activity, the company buys new self-climbing formwork system such that:
- RS Means productivity for congestion-free sides = 630 square feet per day per crew member.
- RS Means productivity for congested sides = 490 square feet per day per crew member.
What would be the duration of the formwork activity for the whole building? (Round off to nearest digit)
6. How many days early did the formwork activity for the whole building complete in Question 5 compared to the situation given in Question 1?
Post Views: 8